To me, there’s nothing better than a baseball game. Tom Hamilton, the Tribe’s AM radio play-by-play announcer is one of the league’s best. He can paint a picture of every play, every hit, every stolen base. His home run calls are the best because you can see his eyes widening and feel his lungs filling with air when he screams “WAAAAAAYYYY BACK … GONNNNNNNNE!” Check out any of these YouTube videos to see what I mean.
I’m excited to see what new talent comes forth this year, as the Tribe still claims to be in “rebuilding” times, a familiar term for Cleveland clubs. The #bullpenmafia is juggling around starters, relievers and closers to find the right rotations – especially after the whole Fausto Carmona debacle (sheesh, that was embarrassing).
While I can’t go to as many games as I’d like, the Tribe is making it easier than ever for out-of-town fans to enjoy the ball club through social media. Twitter and Facebook have always been go-to sources for Tribe news and in-game commentary. Cleveland has a great, entertaining (and articulate?) sports reporting community complete with journalists, bloggers, freelancers and life-long fans who post online.
New this year, is a Tribe baseball Pinterest account. Words cannot contain my excitement. This chick loves baseball. Now, I will be able to connect with other chicks who love baseball on one of my favorite social media platforms.
The Indians account features some of the following boards:
- Tribe Eats: awesome Tribe-inspired culinary delights
- Indians Shop (Kids, Men and Women): the newest outerwear and Indians fashion
- Tribe Memories: back when the Indians created more smiles than tears
- Tribe Pride: pins from fans of Indians baseball
Between Twitter, Facebook, MLB.TV and Pinterest, I’ll
almost be able to taste the ballpark hotdogs and insanely-priced beer.
Strikeout batters will almost be able to feel my wrath and the evil
glares I send their way through cyber space.
Pinterest is a great way for brands to interact with fans, and I’m glad to see the Indians jump on board – especially considering the large female fan population hanging around. It must be something about the high-rise socks. Pinterest allows fans to share visual favorites on organized boards – and cross pollinate content on Twitter and Facebook.
I forsee the Indians Pinterest account generating more content than expected – it’s a perfect platform for the Pinterest audience of women. Afterall, it is estimated that more than 90 percent of Pinterest users are women. Women love taking photos, women love sharing, women love baseball and women love Pinterest. It’s a match made in baseball heaven.

No comments:
Post a Comment